PNP MTB Spring Series: Round 5-Makara

>> Tuesday 17 November 2009

After the first four races in the series, the Under 19 girls category points were all sussed out, and I had secured second place, but there was no possibility of winning the first place series trophy. So I decided I may as well marshal, particularly because I was feeling a bit under the weather.

I ended up being posted at the top of Lazy Fern with the Cruise family. From very early on this was a busy intersection, with riders coming at you from every direction, all having to go in different directions. It got a bit confusing.

Martine (my sister) and Skylaah Cruise were together for most of the race and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Jony (my brother) was riding strongly, but the unbeatable Eden Cruise ended up on the top of the podium, With Jony in second and Marti in third. The under 13 category has been a huge success and we now have lots of young, keen and strong riders in it.


In the Under 19 Girls series points, Caitlin Pilcher took first, I took second and Emily Ryan got third. Numbers have jumped hugely this year and I have had to fight in every race.


Over all a brilliant series and I’m glad I did it. Many thanks to Marco and the PNP MTB subcommittee.

  © Free Blogger Templates Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP