Women’s Revolve MTB Series - Race #2

>> Wednesday 28 April 2010

The second race of the brilliant Revolve Series was held on Anzac Day. The weather gods had decided to commemorate our lost soldiers with some doom and gloom, weather-god style. This resulted in 40kmh gusty winds and fog so low that from my point outside the school I couldn’t tell there were any hills around. This race I had an even better excuse to not ride: going for a run on Friday I had tripped and hurt my foot and I have been hobbling around the place since, despite this I thought it would be good to make myself useful by going down to marshal.

There were lots of people who had volunteered to be a marshal, plenty to go around all the key places on the course so I got the job of limping around the corner to where the actual finish was to inform the riders of the neutral zone.

The race went well, with 51 entries. I was impressed by the numbers given that it was Anzac day and the weather wasn’t exactly ideal for racing. As far as I am aware there were no crashes or other unpleasant incidents. Rachel Reynolds won the Queen of the mountain Category and Sarah Backler won the Girls Just Wanna have fun. It was interesting to see that for both classes, the winning time was 59 minutes and the slowest time was 1:39, which indicates that the two courses were perfectly balanced.

Marjolien and Ashley did an amazing job, it’s brilliant to see so many women out there racing, and when they all come to the club races and other races we’ll have Marjolein and Ashley to thank for getting them confident enough to show what they’ve got.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP